Thursday, June 4, 2015

Cafe of the Moment

Living in the woods doesn't mean I have to miss out on the dining scene.  Just tonight, I attended the opening of a hot new cafe.
Since it was the first night, there were speeches, then I got to cut the ribbon (move the ceremonial branch).

After the host seated me in a most comfortable rocking chair for my wait (remarkably short), the waitress showed me to my seat.  The al fresco dining options are beautiful.

As was the well-thought out centerpiece.

By the time the grass/fern salad was served, the centerpiece had been augmented by a fresh clover.

This gentleman stopped by frequently to check on me.  Most polite.  (At the end of the meal, he recommended following the cafe on Facebook and Twitter.  Perhaps he's the social media manager).

The addition of a richly textured placemat (a piece of roofing underlayment) only added to the meal.

I like how the clover stem was artfully added.

Then the main course-- steak tacos!  As you can see, the emphasis in this establishment is on local (very local) and seasonable ingredients.  I can't recommend it highly enough.


The team behind the enterprise.

1 comment:

Cecil and Amy said...

Wow! That was quite a meal you had! Pretty light on the calorie counter, too! :-)